Lincoln, United Kingdom
The historic County of Lincolnshire in Lincoln city has beautiful Georgian properties and cathedrals which make the city of historic significance on the map of Britain. The city has numerous attractive shopping and leisure facilities for a short vacation.
Places to visit-
- Lincoln Cathedral-The Cathedral Church of the Blessed Virgin Mary has marvellous stone work and wood carvings and was known to be the tallest building of the world during the middle ages.
- Lincoln Castle- It was once a Norman Fortress and was later used as a prison and now as exhibits for tourists.
- Steep Hill- It is a popular street with tea shops and pubs in Lincolnshire.
- The Collection- This museum and gallery are built to display archaeological remains the works by Turner and Lowry in the Usher Gallery.
- Lincoln Medieval Bishop’s Palace- It is a historic tourist attraction built in the late 12th century with a beautiful garden out looking the front.
- Hartsholme Country Park- A beautiful Victorian landscaped garden and trails to enjoy the nature while sipping coffee at the nearby cafe.
- Museum of Lincolnshire Life- The museum has a huge display containing steam engines, a working printing press and exhibits of the social history of Lincoln.
- Jew’s House
- Lincoln Arboretum
Places to stay-
- Holiday Inn Express Lincoln City- It is a budget hotel with simple rooms and free breakfast and Wi-Fi for the guests.
- Double Tree by Hilton Hotel Lincoln- The hotel has a roof top restaurant and a lake view from the rooms.
- Holiday Inn Lincoln- The hotel is at the waterfront and offers a sports bar and a gym for a healthy stay.
- Premier Inn Lincoln City Center- It has modern suite rooms and offers a restaurant and bar along with free Wi-Fi.