Lincoln is the capital of Nebraska. It was founded in 1930. The city is famous for various natural parks and zoos. It is rich in history, vegetation and wildlife. It has a number of various species of animals in its zoos. The city also focuses on spreading and cultivating the vast history of the place through various museums.
Places to visit:
- Nebraska State Capitol– Nebraska State Capitol was constructed in 1932. It is famous for a 400-ft. domed limestone tower & courtyards.
- Pioneers Park Nature Center – It is spread over 668 acres. It features prairie, forest & wetlands with environmental education & animal preservation.
- Lincoln Children’s Zoo – Lincoln Children’s Zoo has a vast variety of animals, birds & a train ride. It is open from April to October.
- Sunken Gardens- Sunken Gardens were founded in 1930. It contains sculptures, lawn space & lily ponds and landscapes.
- Lincoln Children’s Museum- Lincoln Children’s Museum is a place with multipurpose entertainment. It includes exhibits, educational activities & day camps.
- Sheldon Museum of Art- Sheldon Museum of Art is popular for the 19th-century landscapes & pop art & includes a sculpture garden.
- University of Nebraska State Museum- This University State Museum was constructed in the year 1871. It focuses on biodiversity & culture & also contains a planetarium.
Places to stay:
- The Lincoln Marriott Cornhusker Hotel- The Lincoln allows a top class stay in great rooms with an American grill & pub.
- Embassy Suites by Hilton Lincoln- Embassy Suites offers a classy stay with free breakfast, an American grill & bar, a fitness center & an indoor pool.
- Courtyard by Marriott Lincoln Downtown Haymarket- Courtyard is a hotel with modern architecture and has a courtyard with fire pits, a restaurant & a pool.
- Country Inn & Suites by Radisson Lincoln Airport Nebraska- County Inn & Suites is an old hotel with a 24-hour gym, an outdoor pool & free breakfast.
- Hyatt Place Lincoln Downtown Haymarket- Hyatt Place Lincoln offers a comfy stay with free Wi-Fi & breakfast and an indoor pool.